Do you know what a Store Locator is?
A Store Locator is a functionality of a website allowing your users to geolocate your points of sale. It’s a key asset for branding and SEO.
This not only allows you to geolocate your point of sale, but it’s a page specific to the brand, so it’s a “digital showcase” where you can present your brand, products, … exactly as you want.
It helps improve user experience with your brand:
- Access to information about your stores, such as opening hours, address, phone number, current promotions, etc.
- Access to specific features that are not available on external sites such as Google Business Profile or Facebook Places.
It also allows you to independently manage all the data concerning your points of sale. When well optimized, it structures the information for search engines (Google, Bing, Firefox,…) and improves SEO.
Basically, a well optimized Store Locator helps your brand and points of sale to gain visibility in search engines results and improves customers’ brand experience.
⬇️ More information about Store Locators at the end of this article 👀
How Foodmaker increased its online visibility with a brand new Store Locator
As part of the collaboration, Foodmaker wanted to make a new SEO optimized Store Locator to gain visibility in indirect searches and give better visibility to their restaurants.
Foodmaker’s request was about:
- Improving UX (user experience) of their online customer journey
- Optimizing the SEO ranking of their local restaurants
- Efficiently manage of their organic updates and publications on local Store Locator pages
How Mobilosoft helped Foodmaker boost their restaurant’s online visibility
Based on Foodmaker’s request, we proposed to create a new Store Locator, with an improved front-and back end structure.
New Store Locator Key points:
- Data structure based on schema.org (only data structure recognized by Google)
- Within the local pages, add sections to improve local SEO:
- Nearby stores
- Easily adaptable section templates – Content can easily be updated by their marketing department
- Include 3 organic posts at the time of the launch
Foodmaker’s Store Locator performances after only 3 months!
In just 3 months, Foodmaker’s online visibility has increased significantly:
The reach of indirect searches has increased by 7.3 times thanks to shema.org mark-up and the addition of information such as promotions, description, services etc…
The estimated web-to-store traffic increased by x3, meaning the SEO ranking and user experience were significantly impacted by the launch of the new store locator.
Thanks to this, Foodmaker’s marketing department can also easily and efficiently manage local Store Locator pages and add content to them such as (promotions, posts,…).
“We are very satisfied with the Store Locator project and our restaurant’s increased online visibility.
At Foodmaker we want to provide quality healthy meals and impact the lives of as many people as possible. With our new Store Locator, we can now better reach our audience and provide them with an online experience reflecting the care we put in our food, from producers to meals.”
Jules Thys, Digital Marketing Manager at Foodmaker
More information about Store Locators
What makes a good Store Locator?
- One page and one URL per physical store
- Content adapted to mobile devices
- Calls to action to encourage conversion
- Enrichment of each page with structured data (shema.org tag/mark-up)
What is shema.org?
Shema.org is a markup that allows you to organize the information on your web pages. That is to say that these are elements coded in the markup that are not visible on the page but that allow Google (and search engines in general) to understand the content of the page and thus offer users the most relevant results to their requests.
Mobilosoft supports retail networks in the management of their Local Digital Marketing: online visibility, customer review management, content publishing and local advertising campaigns.
Contact us to see how we can help you boost the performance of your network!