How to check for updates of your data on Google My Business?
Google updates can occur at any time and are visible in Google Search, Maps, and other Google My Business services. You can review these changes and ensure the accuracy of the information provided to your customers. Each type of update is associated with a colour in the listing editor.
This means you can choose to accept, reject, or edit Google updates: on individual listings, on multiple listings, in the mobile app, and in bulk imports.
How do I manage location’s duplicates on Google My Business?
Here’s how to remove location’s duplicates from your Google My Business account and how to report them from Google Maps:
From your Google My Business account:
The “Duplicate Location” indication is shown when the business you want to add already exists in your account. If it says “permission required” you must request ownership of the listing.
How to delete a local listing:
- Log in to Google My Business
- In “Account Summary”, click on “Duplicate Businesses”.
- Go to the store to be deleted and click on “Delete this listing” / Or check the box of each store to be deleted, select the three-dot menu and then select “Delete”.
Warning: Be careful not to delete accounts that are already validated.
From Google Maps
- Open Google Maps
- Search for the location and suggest a change
- Select “This place is permanently closed or never existed” and the reason “Duplicate”, then click on send.
How can I centralise the management of my retail network on Google My Business?
Creating a bulk location is the best way to correctly manage all your Google My Business listings. A group of outlets can be shared with your partners (colleagues, solutions, agencies, etc.). On the other hand, if you want to distinguish between sub-sets of establishments (brands, catchment areas, etc.) you can create location groups.
To publish and validate your shops in a grouped manner (in a single operation), you must import them (xls, csv, etc.) into your Google My Business account.
Please note: Use a business email address provided by Google to manage your Google My Business account.
How can I get the statistics of my Google My Business listings?
It is possible to download the statistics of several establishments at the same time by exporting them. Three reports are available: statistics relating to the discovery of your establishments, your photos and your telephone calls.
- Connect yourself to Google My Business
- Check the point of sale that interests you
- Click on the menu above the list of your establishment and select “Download Statistics”.
- Select one of the three reports in the “Local Reports” screen that opens
- Specify the desired time period in the next screen and download the report
Please note: For non-validated records the statistics are not available.
How can I manage the opening hours of two different services on my Google local listing? (e.g. Drive service)
It is important to distinguish between your standard opening hours for your main service and your secondary opening hours that are useful for specific services.
You should indicate your standard opening hours in the dedicated section of your My Business listing. This means the hours during which staff are present to accompany and serve customers. For your “secondary” hours, add these in the “additional hours” section. Another solution is to use the Post feature to highlight them regularly or continuously in the news feed of the listing.
Exception: For petrol stations it is advisable to indicate the opening hours of the pumps. Consult the article of Google My Business support to know how to proceed according to the specific cases of the different sectors of activity.
Please note: Do not include opening hours in the name of the local listing, otherwise it will be blocked.
How do I get access to my Google My Business accounts?
How to proceed:
- Sign in to Google on the account you want to use to manage your store.
- Enter the name or address of your institution and select it from the search results. A dialog box may appear showing part of the email address used for validation of the record. If you manage this email address, log in to this account to access your institution’s record.
- Fill in the form. The current owner of the file may need to contact you to find out more about you. You will not be able to send your request without sharing your contact details with them.
- Google My Business will send an email to the current listing owner asking them to contact you, and you will receive a confirmation email. Wait 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you have not been contacted by this time, you will be able to have your membership in the business validated in order to access the content you are interested in.
How to delete an institution page from your account?
It is recommended to mark your institution’s page as permanently closed rather than delete it. If you still want to delete your listing you can do so via this procedure.
Procedure to be followed :
- Sign into Google My Business
- In the menu, click on info> Under “Close or delete this page”,> Click on mark the establishment as permanently closed.
- Click on Ok in the dialog box
- In Info> under “Close or delete this page”, delete the page.
- Review the information on the page that appears,> then click on delete account.
NB: The page will still be visible on Google but will be “Free of rights”.
How to remove a listing from Google?
It is recommended to mark your homepage as permanently closed rather than delete it. Why? Because this will allow searchers to find your establishment and see that it is permanently closed.
An establishment marked as closed on Google will appear less and less over time on Google searches and on Google Maps, in favour of other pages found with the same keywords. Eventually, the listing will be automatically deleted.
Is it possible to know the “fill rate” of Google My Business listings?
For the past few years, Google has been displaying this rate in the Home section of each Google My Business listing. This rate indicates how complete your listing is (e.g. listing is 75% complete). Completing your listing will improve your ranking in local searches and present a complete profile to users.
Why are my schedules in colour?
When you do not specify your exceptional hours, an orange mention is added to the local record of your establishment, it means that the owner has not validated his hours during public holidays.
However, if the mention is green, it means that you have mentioned this change on the form, the consumer can go to your point of sale with peace of mind, and this will also lead to a better referencing because your information will be considered reliable and qualitative by Google.
How to publish a google post?
- Log onto GMB and then to the institution page
- Click on “Create a post” or click on “Posts” in the menu
- The “create a post” page offers several types of posts. Select the one that suits you.
- Add photos, text, events and a call to action button to your post. Simply click on each field and enter the information.
- To make your posts targeted to specific regions or languages, click on “Target”. If you do not select any region or language, your posts will be available in all regions and languages.
- Once you have created your content, you can click on Preview to preview it.
- Then click on “Publish” in the top right corner of your screen.
What is the impact of publishing photos on a Google My Business listing?
Businesses with photos on their Google My Business listing receive an average of 42% more route requests on Google Maps and 35% more clicks on their websites.
The cover photo and logo are the most important elements for the user as they are in the foreground of your listing.
Then you can add additional photos to make your listing more descriptive and attractive (inside or outside your business, your top products, your team or your offerings). It’s best to do this across all of your businesses’ Google My Business listings. By giving your pages a consistent look, you will strengthen your image and improve your local referencing.
Please note: the size of these photos must be at least 720 x 720 pixels and in JPG or PNG format
How to appear on Google Maps?
To appear on Google Maps, you must first add your business to Google My Business. It is important to indicate your address on this page. Then you can add your business to Google maps by following this procedure:
- Log on to Google Maps
- You can then add your establishment in 2 different ways:
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top left. Then click on “Add an establishment”
- Right click anywhere on the map. Then click on “Add an establishment”.
What does Google My Business represent in my sector?
Google My Business is a feature that allows physical businesses to present their information on a listing. These listings allow local businesses to manage their online presence in Google search and on Google Maps so that they can be easily (geo)located and provide the information that people usually look for (opening hours, directions, consumer reviews, etc.) when searching.
Google My Business is an invaluable online tool for your business and is of crucial importance for your local SEO. An optimised listing of your business on Google My Business will help you rank high in Google search results. When consumers inquire about a product or service that your business can provide, you will automatically be suggested in the results. A competitive advantage to be seized!
How to assess the accuracy of the information on my pages?
Google My Business does not allow you to automatically check the accuracy of your information. To do so, you have 3 solutions:
- Internally at head office level: Ask one of your marketing team to check the accuracy of each facility record. This can be a time-consuming process.
- Internally at local level: Each shop manager is responsible for regularly updating his or her information. Indeed, only he/she can communicate in the best possible way the changes of opening hours or events specific to the point of sale (promotions, products,…)
- An agency: In addition to increasing your web visibility, the agency allows you to ensure the reliability and security of your information and save precious time for your teams.
How can I manage my franchisee pages?
To manage your franchisees’ pages you simply have to create a location group with all your franchisees’ pages on Google My Business. They can be managed collectively by an organisation or a group of users. Organising your locations into groups makes it easier and more secure to manage multiple locations.
To create a location group:
- Log into Google My Business
- Click on “Manage” and then on “Create a location group”. If this button is not displayed, click on the three-bar menu and click on “Create a business account”.
- Enter the name of your group and click OK
To add an institution to one or more groups, click on “Learn more”.