Facebook has a feature that can generate the local pages of your physical outlets on its search engine which is known as “Facebook places”. Each establishment can benefit from a Facebook places page and thus put forward its local information there (address, opening hours, coordinates, promos, specific local content, etc.).
The social network is no exception to this rule and is aligned with the trend of “local”, popular among consumers in recent years.
As for the chain store, there are many ways to exist on Facebook. Either from its main business page and independent local pages or from local pages that connected directly to its main business page. The second option is the one that we called the “Facebook places”, a feature that we are interested in.
The benefits of Facebook Places
- Ability to gather impressions (visits) locally on the main page.
- Automatically generate a Store Locator and allow users to locate locations on a map from the main page.
- Offer localized content or decide which local pages will have the same publication.
- Place Facebook pages correctly in local search results: As search technology develops, Facebook is increasingly being used for local searches, especially by younger groups of age. At the same time, we’re seeing a considerable rise in the number of local searches carried out using voice commands. In this context, if you ask a virtual assistant for “the best 3 rotisseries in Paris”, and “La Boucherie” store actually do not have any local page on Facebook, then it will not pop up in the search results.
- Set up geolocated advertisements adapted to each point of sale.
In terms of its usage, there are several possibilities to manage Facebook place pages: within the Facebook account of the brand, via an agency, or via a platform like Mobilosoft (by connecting it to the platform).
Simplified management of local Facebook pages
Implementing and managing the local Facebook pages of a chain store can be tedious depending on its size. Therefore, an appropriate tool is created to deal with this problem.
For example, Mobilosoft is developing a platform to manage local data for Facebook and other web media (Google My Business in particular) which able to: publish posts, manage local notices, update basic point of sale information, etc.
Via this tool, it is also possible to define an appropriate management model for internal maintenance of the company and to each of the physical stores owned by the company. For example, establishments in a selected area could respond by themselves to bad customer reviews (1 to 2 stars) which is published on their Facebook page. Centralized, decentralized, outsourced or mixed management, we can discuss about it!
For more information, contact us!
Consult other articles on the subject…